Golden Ticket Competition T&Cs
Terms & Conditions of Dublin Zoo’s Golden Ticket Competition
- The Promoter of the Golden Ticket competition (“Competition”) is The Zoological Society of Ireland, with a registered address at The Zoological Gardens, The Phoenix Park, Dublin (company number 207824, registered charity number 20003715) (the “Promoter” or “Dublin Zoo”)
- These terms and conditions govern your entry into the competition. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance and agreement by you to be bound by these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials, these terms and conditions prevail.
- The Competition will run from 9.30am on 5th September until 6pm on 30th September 2023 (the “Promotion Period”).
- Every visitor to Dublin Zoo over the age of 18 during the Promotion Period can enter this Competition through an entry form available on arrival.
- No entries will be accepted from employees of Dublin Zoo, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the Competition.
- Entries must be made by filling out the form provided, answering the question and inserting the entry form into the entry box onsite at Dublin Zoo during the Promotion Period.
- Maximum of one (1) entry per eligible visitor per visit. If an eligible visitor attends the Zoo more than once during the Promotion Period they may enter the Competition during each visit.
- No applicants from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. Incomplete or corrupted entries or those not in accordance with the entry instructions will not be accepted.
- There will be a total of four winners chosen throughout the Promotion Period.
- All correct entries received during each week of the Promotion Period will be entered into a draw and the winners will be chosen at random by a member of the Dublin Zoo team witnessed by an independent observer.
- The winner selected each week will be notified via email and/or telephone. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, Dublin Zoo reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. One prize per person.
- Each winner will receive a lifetime pass to Dublin Zoo. The lifetime pass is subject to terms and conditions which are available below*.
- No cash or other alternative will be offered, and the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, Dublin Zoo reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value, subject to applicable law. The winners are responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the terms and conditions of the Lifetime Pass.
- Dublin Zoo reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition or amend these terms and conditions without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in any case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud), subject to applicable law.
- To the maximum extent allowed by law, Dublin Zoo shall not be liable for any damage, loss, or consequential damage of any nature whether in contract, tort including negligence or otherwise, caused by acceptance of these terms and conditions or in connection with the prize, except that nothing in these terms and conditions will limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud.
- Dublin Zoo’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Dublin Zoo reserves the right to discount any inappropriate or offensive entries and to disqualify any entries of the Promoter, at its sole discretion, believes that there has been an attempt to manipulate or tamper with the operation of the promotion.
- The winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving the prize.
- It is a condition of your entry to this Competition that we have the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public the name, home county and, where applicable the winning entry, of competition winners. By entering this Competition, you are consenting to such information being publicised about you.
- Entrants and prize winners shall not be required to take part in any promotional activities in relation to the winning of the prize but may choose to do so. Where entrants/prize winners have chosen to participate in photo, recording, video and/or film session(s) you agree that we shall have the right to use all the resulting publicity materials in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any manner we see fit, unless you advise us in writing prior to participating in that publicity that you wish to retain your anonymity.
- The name and county of residence of the winners will be made available on request to anyone who emails email@example.com within six weeks of the end of the Competition. By entering this Competition you consent to having this information communicated as this is a legal requirement.
- Any failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights does not constitute a waiver of those rights. If a competent court finds that any provision of these terms and conditions is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
- This Competition and these terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland and all matters or disputes in connection with this Competition or these terms and conditions is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Ireland.
*Lifetime Pass Terms and Conditions
- Use of the lifetime pass implies agreement with the terms and conditions posted at the Dublin Zoo entrance.
- Lifetime passholders must be 18 or over.
- The Dublin Zoo lifetime pass entitles the passholder to free entry to Dublin Zoo for the lifetime of the main passholder only subject to availability and in line with public health guidance**. The main passholder must be selected at the start of the pass. This is not transferable from the initial selection of the main passholder.
The family pass covers free entry to the Zoo once per day for:
Passholder + up to 3 adults or
Passholder + up to 2 adults + 2 children or
Passholder + 1 adult + 4 children or
Passholder + up to 6 children.
- The pass entitles the named person admission to Dublin Zoo and Fota Wildlife Park.
- ONLY THE NAMED PERSON CAN USE THEIR PASS CARD
- The pass card includes a picture of the passholder and is non-transferable.
- The passholder must be present at all times.
- An associate passholder is allowed for access to the Zoo under the same rules as the Annual Pass entry, however only the main passholder is the lifetime pass holder.
- Any pass card that is being used by someone other than the pictured passholder is in breach of the terms and conditions and will be retained by Dublin Zoo staff and posted out to the passholder.
- The management reserves the right to refuse admission to any passholder and in the interests of the public, to require guests to leave the Zoo at any time. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- **This is subject to annual pass ticket availability at the time of booking. In addition, Dublin Zoo may have to restrict the number of tickets that can gain access to Dublin Zoo from time to time for circumstances outside of our control e.g. extreme weather conditions, state occasions or in line with public health restrictions and guidance.
- Please keep receipt of your pass for future reference.
- Lifetime pass cards are the property of Dublin Zoo and if found should be posted to Dublin Zoo, Phoenix Park, Dublin 8 or call (01) 4748900.
- Loss of a pass card should be immediately notified.