Posted In Education | 12th October 2023
Celebrate Science Week at Dublin Zoo
Dublin Zoo is delighted to announce a special offer for secondary schools this Science Week. To celebrate the opening of the new National Centre for Species Survival at Dublin Zoo, we are inviting secondary schools across the country to meet with our conservation and science team at the centre from Monday 13th – Friday 17th November at a *discounted entry rate of €5!
Across the week, bite-size talks with a range of conservationists, animal care staff and education professionals will be taking place to support students in learning about careers in STEM and conservation. In addition, there will also be pop-up stations around the Zoo where students can learn more about Dublin Zoo’s conservation work in Ireland and abroad.
The National Centre for Species Survival is an official partnership between Dublin Zoo and the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Species Survival Commission and gives Dublin Zoo the capacity for native species conservation assessments, planning and action.
Aileen Tennant, Head of Discovery and Learning, said:
‘The renovation of the 150+ year old Society House into this modern conservation centre is an exciting development for conservation education in Ireland. While the National Centre for Species Survival will conduct in-dept work on native species, it is also a hive of conservation science and learning about threatened and endangered species globally. We hope lots of schools will avail of this special entry rate for Science Week for this one-of-a-kind event to meet with our conservation science professionals to learn more about careers in conservation and STEM’.
If your school is interested in availing of this once off education event, bookings can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*over 70% discount on a general student ticket. Admission to the event will also allow access to the zoo for the day.
Booking Terms and Conditions
- Special offer for secondary schools to visit for €5 per student.
- This offer applies to visits that take place from Monday, November 13th – Friday, November 17th from 9.30 to 2pm only. NOTE: if you reschedule your booking to a date outside of these dates, standard group rates apply. This includes cancellations due to adverse weather or weather warnings.
- This offer applies only to post-primary schools with a Dept. of Education registered school roll number.
- Groups must have a minimum of 10 students.
- All students must be in uniform.
- We offer one free supervising teacher with every five students. Supervising teachers must supervise students at all times during the visit.
- Limited availability – bookings on a first come, first served basis at allocated time slots.
- Must be pre-booked via email@example.com or 01 474 8932 before Wednesday 8th November subject to availability. This price is not available at the gate on arrival.
- Tickets are limited to 100 per school.
Applications open for 2024 Seasonal Volunteers
Applications for the 2024 Seasonal Volunteers [March –August] are now OPEN. This very popular programme…
Christmas delivery dates – Dublin Zoo gifts Please place your orders on or before 5pm…