What You Can Do
We all can play a role in conserving the wildlife on this planet. Below are a five simple tips on how you can help…….
- When buying wood or paper products, check that they come from sustainable sources (e.g. FSC certified) or comes from recycled material.
- Recycle all suitable products from newspapers to drinking cans and bottles and also your old electrical goods and clothes.
- Help conserve water e.g. don’t leave the tap running while brushing your teeth.
- When possible walk, cycle or use public transport instead of the car.
- Help local wildlife by feeding birds, setting up bat-boxes or providing information for the many surveys being conducted across the country e.g. the smooth newt survey run by the Irish Wildlife Trust and the Bird Atlas survey run by BirdWatch Ireland, the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds and the British Trust for Ornithology.