Senior Marketing Executive
Full Time / Maternity Leave Cover
Dublin Zoo’s mission is to conserve the integrity and diversity of nature through involvement in conservation and by inspiring passion through education and engaging visitor experiences.
Dublin Zoo holds the prestigious position of being ‘Ireland’s leading Fee Paying Family Attraction’ welcoming in excess of 1.1 million visitors each year.
We are currently seeking a highly enthusiastic Senior Marketing Executive with proven marketing, communication and digital skills to join our Marketing Department on a temporary basis.
The successful candidate will be an ambassador for the Dublin Zoo brand and will support the Marketing Department within Dublin Zoo through planning and carrying out marketing, PR, promotional and online campaigns with a view to promoting the Dublin Zoo brand and growing visitation.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- PR and Media Relations: Liaising with and briefing the PR agency about news stories and ensuring press releases are written on brand. Set up and be the point of contact for media interviews within the Zoo
- Brand Management: A good understanding of Dublin Zoo’s brand values and ensuring all communications are consistent with it
- Campaign Management: Development, implementation and management of through the line campaigns and marketing / promotional initiatives
- Agency Management: Briefing and liaising with third party agencies (PR Agency, designers, web designers and printers)
- Project Management: Development and execution of Zoo Matters Magazine and annual report
- Social Media and Website: Work closely with the Digital Marketing Executive on social media and website management
- Copywriting and Editing: Competent and proven copywriting and editing skills
- Sponsorship Liaison: Work closely with sponsors, ensuring projects and communications are executed to a high standard
- Reporting and Internal Communication: On all campaign, marketing and promotional activity
- Any other duties as required by the Marketing Manager
The ideal candidate must demonstrate initiative, strong communication, and organisational skills in addition to great attention to detail and the ability to multi task.
Applicants must have a Marketing / Communications related degree in addition to a minimum of 4 years experience within a similar role.
Applications close no later than 1pm on Thursday 6th February.